Dr. Yogindra Vasavada
Dr. Yogindra Vasavada, Pediatrician
Experience:  M.D.(ped) passed at first attempt, in practice continuously for last 37 years. Certi. in Comp
16481530

I gave my 5 yrs daughter overdose of bromfed dm accidently..and

Customer Question

I gave my 5 yrs daughter overdose of bromfed dm accidently..and I realized until the very next day...how can be the possible reaction?....I notice couple days later she is urining very often..it can be related to this medicine...it is going away?
Category: Pediatrics
Expert:  Dr. Leah replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thank you for your question. I understand your concern. If she only had 1 dose that was a bit much, she more than likely is just fine. If you have been giving your daughter the Bromfed every 8 hours, it will just take a bit longer for that larger dose to metabolize out of her system. If you have not already, I would withhold any further doses of the medication today. As for her urinary frequency, this should not be due to the Bromfed.
Expert:  Dr. Leah replied 1 year ago.
Does your daughter have any other symptoms along with urinating more frequently such as pain with urination, stomach ache or fever? If so, these could be a sign of a urinary tract infection, and she should be seen by her doctor within the next day or so. If she has no other symptoms, her increased urination could just be due to adequate hydration. I would monitor this over the course of the week. If the urinary frequency gets worse or she starts to have accidents, she should be evaluated by her doctor.
Expert:  Dr. Leah replied 1 year ago.
I'm not sure if you're still online but feel free to ask any additional questions.