Dr. SH
Dr. SH, Physcian
Experience:  Doctor of Medicine
28323552

I have a 16 month old who has pretty bad seasonal allergies.

Customer Question

I have a 16 month old who has pretty bad seasonal allergies. He's on Zyrtec (2.5ml twice per day). It's helping relieve some of the symptoms but his nose is still very congested and has been for a couple of months now. It affects his sleep, mood, eating habits, etc. he's been to his Ped to get checked out and he has no infection. I was researching Flonase and was wondering if this is something I can give him to help offset the congestion. If so, what is the recommended dose? He's 21lbs.
Category: Pediatrics
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.

Actually flonase is not recommended for kids less than 4 years of age because safety and efficacy in kids less than 4 years of age has not been established. Therefore I would not like that you should use this. Continue with Zyrtec and try using saline nasal spray.

I would appreciate it if you rate me by clicking on one of the rating options below.

Kind regards

Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.
This session is open for any number of further questions or comments.
It is only when you rate me positive is when I am credited by the website for helping you out.
I would therefore appreciate it if you rate me by clicking on one of the rating options below.
Kind regards