Dr. Su S.
Dr. Su S., Pediatrician
Experience:  20 years of experience in treating children.
9324755

My son is 3 years old we were on vacation in Florida

Customer Question

Hello my son is 3 years old we were on vacation in Florida last week. The night before we were leaving Tuesday night he had a high fever and a fever for next 3 days. Finally we noticed some blisters on his throat and a few on his hands so we figured cocksakie called the pediatrician and they said that is probably what it is and if anything changes to call back he was fine for 3 days following with no fever then today his fever returned to 103.2. We went to the office and saw the PA who said this could happen and is just the cocksakie. She didn't seem to confident in her answer is it possible to have a fever for 3 days then have it go away for 3 days then return
Thank you
Category: Pediatrics
Expert:  Dr. Su S. replied 1 year ago.
Greetings,
Thank you for your question.
I am Dr. Su S. and I will try my best to help you.
Does she have any other symptoms or only fever?
How is rash now?
How is appetite, stool, urine?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
His appetite is ok stool and urine are fine and still has some blisters on hands feet and back of throat so he really only has fever and the blisters
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My biggest concern is the fever was here then gone for 3 days then back again today
Expert:  Dr. Su S. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for the input.
Though fever usually subsides & do not recur but in some cases it can present atypically.
It usually subsides by a week, sometimes takes a little longer.
Secondary bacterial infection, a complication can be the cause of recurrence of fever.
As he does not have any other new symptom, rashes are getting less, appetite is good, you can wait & watch.
If the fever continues to remain high, I would advise to get him examined by doctor in person.
I hope this information will be helpful.
If you have any query, please feel free to ask.
If you are happy with my answer please click on the Excellent/Good rating.
Wish his healthy life.
Regards.