Dr. K.
Dr. K., MD
Experience:  Board certified.
65718478

My son started having clear bumps between his fingers,

Customer Question

Hi! My son started having clear bumps between his fingers, the looks of them are consistent with dyshidrotic eczema, but within 2 days he started having clear colored or red bumps on other parts of his body (wrists, shins, belly, neck and face). They do not itch almost at all, the doctor we went to see was not convinced that it's scabies for sure..... But that was my self diagnosis and he gave us permethrin for the whole family . What could it be?
Category: Pediatrics
Expert:  DrThomasMD replied 1 year ago.
Hello
This needs an exam
Can you attach a picture?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Please see attached pictures. I appreciate your help but would prefer advice of a dermatologist, as we do have access to physicians (saw one yesterday and scheduled to see our pediatrician today), but can not see a dermatologist so urgently, thus willing to pay for online advice from a dermatologist. Thank you!
Expert:  DrThomasMD replied 1 year ago.
We do not replace a physician visit.
My board certification requires training and testing in dermatology
Would you like to wait?
We will still recommend an exam in person....
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No thank you, ***** ***** just wait till our pediatrician a visit. Thank you for your time!
Expert:  Dr. K. replied 1 year ago.
You really do not need a dermatologist. This is scabies and is an infectious disease. The lines you see are the tracks the mites make. Your Dr is correct.