Dr. Rick, MD
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  20+ years as a doctor. Internal Medicine Internship in NYC
48069651

My daughter who is 8 years won't open her right eye and when she

Customer Question

My daughter who is 8 years won't open her right eye and when she does she says she see a coppery pink color. She has strabismus and has had two bi lateral reposts on her left eye for Browns syndrome. Should we see someone and what might be going on?
Category: Pediatrics
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry not bi later repost....Bi lateral repairs. She had one at 2 years and one at 3 years with success.
Expert:  Dr. Rick, MD replied 1 year ago.
Hi. My name is***** and I am online and available to help you today. Thank you for your patience. Thank you for requesting me.
Question and answer is just one of the services I offer. I can also provide you with additional services, such as live telephone consultation, at a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested.
It is hard to say what is going on with your daughters eye from what you have posted. It is unlikely that, this long after her eye muscle surgery, that she would be having a serious complication like a retinal detachment...but...
As a father of five I think we have to believe that your daughter is experiencing something "different" in her vision. Could it be blood inside her eyeball? Perhaps.
In any event the best thing to do at this point is to take her in to her pediatric ophthalmologist for a complete, dilated, eye exam.
If she were one of my daughters that is what I would do....
Does this make sense to you?
Don't forget to mash the positive feedback button for me...the one labeled "excellent" is the most fun to push by far ;)
It's safe for you to press the positive feedback button now if you so desire. And, never fear, even after you press that button I don't go up in a puff of smoke -- I'll still be right here to continue helping you, but, as I do work for tips, I want to make sure you are happy before rating me.
Dr. Rick MD FACS