Dr. Yogindra Vasavada
Dr. Yogindra Vasavada, Pediatrician
Experience:  M.D.(ped) passed at first attempt, in practice continuously for last 37 years. Certi. in Comp
16481530

Ok so my daughter has been sick since the beginning of Feb.

Customer Question

Ok so my daughter has been sick since the beginning of Feb. 2015 she has had multiple respitory infections, ear infections, nose bleeds, fevers, hair loss, problems walking, not eating, dizziness, sore in her mouth that took almost a month to heal, she fell on march 9th and hit her head and cut it open (not a serious cut) I brought her to the doctor to have it evaluated he said he didn't thing it was serious so I brought her home she was still sick but not acting any different the next day she had went down for a nap and did not wake up, I had brought her to the hospital where they said she was having seizures and diagnosed her with subdural hematoma and had to do an emergency surgery to relieve pressure, they don't seem to think the fall (almost 4 feet) caused the injury, she also had 2 tiny spots of retinal hemorrhaging... They automatically stopped running test and accused me of abuse which I know I have never hurt any of my children. She has been in rehab for the last couple weeks and a few days ago was admitted back into the hospital for an infection in her skull... I am concerned with what could be causing all of this and the fact that they are not really looking for any other causes can someone please let me know what could possibly be causing my daughter to be so sick. She is going through so much and we all deserve answers which are not being givin...I have done so much research and have found so many things that could be going on but everytime I ask a doctor about it they just look at me like I'm crazy. I just need to know what I need to do to make my baby girl better ( she is 21 months old I'd that is needed)
Category: Pediatrics
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
This is Dr. DavidI am sorry about your daughter.she needs to see a good internal medicine doctor and get more testing to check her thyroid hormone levels and to check for autoimmune conditions and inflammation in her body with ESR, ANAhas she had these tests?