Dr. A. Clark
Dr. A. Clark , Pediatrician
Experience:  33 years of experience as a general pediatrician in private practice and in pediatric urgent care.
17654155

Dr. A. Clark: Weve been noticing that my 2 year olds scrotum,

Dr. A. Clark: We've been noticing that my 2 year old's scrotum, usually at night, looks like it is blown up like a balloon on one side, as if one of his testicles are much larger than the other one. If we ask him about it, he will say it hurts, but he doesn't really ever complain about it unless we ask, so I am not sure if it really hurts him or not. It's not like this during the day and he never complains when we change diapers or anything. Do you know what this could be?
Category: Pediatrics
Expert:  Camille-Mod replied 2 years ago.

I'm Camille, and I’m a moderator for this topic. I sent your requested professional a message to follow up with you here, when they are back online. Unfortunately I do not know when this may be, as the professionals come on line as they are available. You don't have to stand by, you will get an email telling you when you have received a response. If I can help further, please let me know. Thank you for your continued patience.

Best,

Camille

Expert:  Dr. A. Clark replied 2 years ago.
I'm sorry I was away from my computer at a family event until just now and wanted to get back with you.

I believe that your son either has a hernia or hydrocele, both of which are caused by a communication between the abdominal cavity and the scrotum, allowing either fluid (a hydrocele) or a part of the small intestines (hernia) to slip down in the scrotum. He needs to be seen by his doctor even though it appears to be gone during the daytime as a physician can feel the communication at the top of his scrotum. This can lead to a serious surgical problem if the bowel gets stuck and the blood supply compromised, at which time it would be painful and he would need immediate surgery.

Just take him in this week to see his doctor and describe what you are seeing, or better, take picture of it to show his doctor.

Dr. A. Clark, Pediatrician
Experience: 33 years of experience as a general pediatrician in private practice and in pediatric urgent care.