Dr. A. Clark
Dr. A. Clark , Pediatrician
Experience:  33 years of experience as a general pediatrician in private practice and in pediatric urgent care.
17654155

Ive had a sore throat (on the left side, no tonsils) for several

Customer Question

I've had a sore throat (on the left side, no tonsils) for several days. When do I need to see a doctor and when can I treat it at home and how? I had strep throat several years ago and it was no picnic.
Category: Pediatrics
Expert:  Dr. A. Clark replied 2 years ago.

Dr. A. Clark :

Generally when your throat only hurts on one side it is not likely strep and as you will remember, it hurts all over with swollen "glands" or lymph nodes in the neck, headache, fever, etc.

Dr. A. Clark :

As long as you have no fever and it goes away in a few more days then you don't need to see your doctor. Strep is less likely in adults of your (and my) age but can still occur but you would be much sicker I think so just wait it out a bit longer.

Customer:

Is gargling with salt water still the best treatment?

Customer:

Is gargling still the best treatment?