Dr. A. Clark
Dr. A. Clark, Pediatrician
Experience:  33 years of experience as a general pediatrician in private practice and in pediatric urgent care.
17654155

whats the maximum weight that can be placed in the back pack

whats the maximum weight that can be placed in the back pack of a three year old toddler? thank you

Dr. A. Clark :

I'm happy that you have asked me to assist you and here is the limit chart based on a child starting at 60 pounds so I would not recommend much in a toddler's backpack:

Full Size Image
ist you with your child and hope that you can benefit from my many years of helping parents like you.

Dr. A. Clark :

Sorry, I pasted this and it dropped in the middle of what I typed!

Dr. A. Clark :

I would not allow more than about 10% of the child's weight, so for a typical 3 year old 3-4 pounds.

Dr. A. Clark :

Are you able to chat and did you see the chart OK?

Dr. A. Clark :

Chat will time us out and kick us off if we are not posting something within 4 minutes.

Dr. A. Clark :

Perhaps you've stepped away from your computer so I'll exit but stand by if you have questions.

Dr. A. Clark :

Please let me know if you have any further questions and if not I hope you will take advantage of the opportunity to rate my advice when you exit chat. Please feel free to ask for me by name the next time you have a question about your children.