They did run a rapid stress test at my request (came back negative). The rash is almost completely faded. He did have rash on his face but not inside his mouth or any that I saw on the palm of the hands or soles of the feet.
I also recognize that a "returned fever" could also be a secondary infection that set in during the other illness and the two may not be related. However, with the return of fever and coughing, would that be considered an emergency visit (i.e. I should insist on them seeing me tomorrow) or is it advisable to wait until early next week? The practice of that group has mostly seemed to be "watchful waiting" when it comes to kids and illnesses unless it was something directly observable (e.g. ear infection).I found a picture of the rash from yesterday, if that helps elucidate things.