I'm happy that you have asked me to assist you with your child and hope that you can benefit from my many years of helping parents like you.
Yes, while she might just have a virus, at her age she needs to be examined to see where the fever is coming from. I would take her in to see her doctor first thing this morning as she might just have an ear infection or some virus but it could be a sign of something more serious.
If her doctor can't see her or you don't want to wait a couple of hours to call then I would take her to an urgent care or ER now.
I see you are offline but if you have any questions please let me know.
The infant Tylenol seems to have lowered her fever...should I still take her in?
Yes, since at her age she won't show very many symptoms if it happens to be something serious, such as a bloodstream infection. There are lots of viral infections that cause fever and often rashes later in infants her age but it is not worth taking a chance and just treating the symptom (fever) rather than knowing what is causing it.
Fever is just a symptom and not the problem you need to be concerned about at her age. Her fever will be back when the tylenol wears off and by then it might be hard to get her in to see her doctor today. I see you rated my advice as "poor" so I hope that either this was a mistake or if not that now I have answered all of your questions.
Hi. I see you are back in chat. Is there anything else I can assist you with this morning?