Charogat, Doctor (non-pediatrics specialty)
Experience:  Licensed in both NYS and NJ with experience in surgery (adult and pediatric) and medicine.

my daughter started walking at 9 months, she is now 1 yr old

my daughter started walking at 9 months, she is now 1 yr old - both of her feet turn inward, the pediatrician said she will outgrow this, I am concerned however, afraid her muscles are going to GROW and REMAIN this way - should I be concerned? thanks so much
Good morning,
At this age her feet turning in is not an issue or reason for concern. What your pediatrician is telling you is correct. At this age walking in this way will NOT change the way her muscles and/or bones grow. As she grows and her gait matures it is something you can keep an eye on. Usually this is something that the kids grow out of relatively quickly.
If you see there is no change, then you can go to a pediatric orthopedist. Until the age of about 7 they will usually not do anything for girls aside for monitor. (The reason I specify girls is because if this continues into her teen years we would have a small concern about her giving birth -- it usually does not go on for that long though.)

I will stand by to see if you have any follow-up questions.
Meanwhile - enjoy your little one Wink and remember that at her age toe-ing in is normal.

G-d Bless
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I noticed you said, "usually" they will outgrow this - from knees down, her legs seem to be bowed as well - her grandfather, (40 yrs ago) had the same thing....had to wear shoes on opposite feet with metal bar attached to shoes....they may not do this anymore. he was about same age....

thanks so much

Yes, there are times that it is something that has to be addressed. Many times any in-toeing that has to be treated has some other signs ie shape of feet or direction of the lower leg etc. that can be seen early. When these abnormalities are seen early then exercise, casting, or bracing can be done. Although the brace you mention your grandfather had used to be use often, they are not as common as they once were (I remember as a kid having siblings, cousins, friends etc. wearing those braces).
The link I am providing here is most likely full of more medical-ese (ie medical talk) than you are interested in reading. I am just attaching it in case you want to read it or show it to your doctor.

The botXXXXX XXXXXne is that this is one of the MOST common "abnormalities" in an immature gait, and the vast majority of children outgrow it relatively quickly.

Please let me know if this helped, or if you have further questions.

G-d Bless