Dr. Su S.
Dr. Su S., Pediatrician
Experience:  20 years of experience in treating children.
9324755

Hi, I have a 2 year 10 month old daughter, we have recently

Hi, I have a 2 year 10 month old daughter, we have recently been to a doctor where we were given ventolin inhaler (100 micrograms) along with a breath a tech spacer to help with night time weasing. We always only give her one shot and let her breathe in over several breaths, I've stuffed up and given her 2 shots (presses) she is currently sleeping, slightly waking up now and again. She complained at the start of a bit of a sore throat, now she says its ok.This was given to her some 2 hours ago. I feel like an idiot badly, is this bad and what do I do?
Greetings,

Thank you for your question.

I am Dr. Su S. and I will try my best to help you.

How is her breathing? pulse?

Does she have any other symptom?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Breathing is fine, heartbeat is fine, pulse fine. She did say she had a sore throat, slight temperature. Temp seems to have gone down and is sleeping fine at the moment.

Hi Rob,

Thank you for all the input.

The common side effect from excess ventolin is increase in pulse rate, palpitation.

This can also cause nausea, lack of sleep, increase in blood pressure, tremor etc.

As her pulse is fine & she is sleeping without any symptom, she is likely to be fine.

Just observe her.

If you notice any symptom as I mentioned, please contact her doctor for an examination.

If you are happy with my answer please click on the Excellent/Good rating.

If you are not satisfied & decide to click poor or bad service, please stop for a moment & feel free to ask & continue conversation by using reply button. This will help me to explain further & satisfy you.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service here. If there’s anything else I can do, please let me know – it’s been a pleasure working with you and I hope to assist you again soon!

Wish her healthy life.

Warm Regards.