Dr. A. Clark
Dr. A. Clark, Pediatrician
Experience:  33 years of experience as a general pediatrician in private practice and in pediatric urgent care.
17654155

Hello I give my 3 yr old MethylB12 shots 3 times a week (prescribed

Hello
I give my 3 yr old MethylB12 shots 3 times a week (prescribed by his Naturopath Dr). Last night, I forgot to put them back in the fridge and they sat out for approximately 8 hours. I am wondering if I should discard them or if they should still be ok?

Thank you

Dr. A. Clark :

I'm happy that you have asked me to assist you with your child and hope that you can benefit from my many years of helping parents like you.

Dr. A. Clark :

Sorry, seeing patients so had to fix a kid real quick!

Dr. A. Clark :

B12 can be stored at room temperature and as long as it isn't frozen or exposed to direct sunlight it is quite stable and does not need to be discarded.

Customer:

ok, everytime we receive them via mail from a compound pharmacy, they have them packed on ice and say to put in fridge asap, but you think they should be ok still?

Dr. A. Clark :

They nearly always pack liquid meds on ice but that is just so they don't overheat, especially this time of year. I double checked and the manufacturer's own data says room temp is fine but if you keep in fridge then don't have to worry about light exposure.

Dr. A. Clark :

Is there anything else I can help you with today?

Dr. A. Clark :

Please let me know if you have any further questions and if not I hope you will take advantage of the opportunity to rate my advice when you exit chat. Please feel free to ask for me by name the next time you have a question about your child.

Dr. A. Clark :

Chat will time us out and kick us off if neither of us posts anything for 4 minutes so I'll exit but let me know if you have any further questions.