Ask a Pediatrician Online and Get an Answer ASAP
Hi. Thank you for using JustAnswer. I'd like to try to help answer your questions.
How long ago do you think your child possibly swallowed this bracelet?
Can you describe the bracelet? Is it made out of rubber bands, string, or ?
Yesterday at this same time. She was wearing it and it disappeared so eather she ate it or the dog did. It was a pretty small bracelet as it was made for her.
Does it have any "jewels" or beads or other parts attached to it like a hook or metal buckle?
It was made of small rubber bands and a sunflower seed size plastic bead
If you would prefer, we can switch the format of this question and answer session to a more typical Q&A format.
Has she been eating normally today?
And breathing normally, not coughing or choking?
Shes eating a bit less than normal and didnt sleep well at daycare but is playing normal and acting normal
Yes breathing normal and doesnt seem to be chocking
That is good. I'm not sure if a rubber bracelet or plastic bead would show up on xray, and we like to avoid radiation to a child if possible. It doesn't sound like she has it caught in her windpipe, which would be the first major concern. If she did swallow it (and the dog didn't) then most likely it will pass through her and show up in her diaper in the next day. Can you check the dog's poop too, as you may see it there which would solve the mystery?
Ok. So it wont be an obstruction in her intestines or colon?!?
I would just keep an eye on her breathing first, and her eating and bowel movements tonight and tomorrow (and keep looking for the bracelet in other places around the house). If you don't see it show up anywhere, in her diaper, the dog's poop, or somewhere in the house, then please have her doctor check her tomorrow.
Ok thank you very much! ♥
There's of course always that concern, especially with a larger object made with rubber, but you would see her get more and more cranky and uncomfortable.
Take care. Please come back with more questions if you have further concerns. I'm happy to have helped answer your questions and concerns.
Did I answer all your questions for now?
If you are satisfied with my answers, please leave a rating for me. If I haven't, please let me know and I will do my best to answer them.
:-) I enjoyed being able to ask and get a solid answer without all of the crazy test they may have to do at the drs office before even knowing the whole problem so thanks!
You are welcome! Thank you very much, and take care.