Dr. Su S.
Dr. Su S., Pediatrician
Experience:  20 years of experience in treating children.
9324755

My just turned 4 yr old got stitches in his forehead a week

My just turned 4 yr old got stitches in his forehead a week and a half ago. They were just taken out a week ago. The scab has fallen off and it is still healing. However, today at prek he bumped heads with another student while playing in the same spot he had the stitches. Now 3/4 of the line is filled with like dark blood, but it did not open. It did not look like this before it was pink and healing nicely. What should I do about this?

I am going to try to upload a picture. The top is how it looked before he bumped heads the dark part is what just happened today.

Category: Pediatrics
Expert:  Dr. Su S. replied 1 year ago.
Greetings,

Thank you for your question.

I am Dr. Su S. and I will try my best to help you.

Please upload the picture.

Does he take any medicine now?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

He doesn't take any medications. . I am trying to copy and paste it, but its not letting me. Do you know if there is a special way to upload it on this site? Thanks
Expert:  Dr. Su S. replied 1 year ago.
You can attach the photo to the clip in the tool bar.

Otherwise you can try photobucket.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

thank you I was on my cell, so did not see the clipboard, but saw on computer. See the top is how it was before and the dark part just happened today.

Expert:  Dr. Su S. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for the input.

There seems to be collection of blood under the stitch line.

As there is no skin break, it will not cause further problem or an infection.

The blood is likely to get absorbed slowly.

You can watch him now.

If the suture line opens or swelling increases, please get him checked by his doctor.

Larger collection may need drainage of blood.

You can apply ice.

Please apply it after wrapping it in towel for 10-15 min leaving in between for the temperature to return to normal & prevent cold injury.

This will help to limit swelling.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service here. If there’s anything else I can do, please let me know – it’s been a pleasure working with you and I hope to assist you again soon!

If you are happy with my answer please click on the Excellent/Good rating.

If you are not satisfied & decide to click poor or bad service, please stop for a moment & feel free to ask & continue conversation by using reply button.

This will help me to explain further & satisfy you.

Wish his healthy life.

Warm Regards.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you so much. Just to clarify do you mean wrap the ice in a towel for 10-15 minutes before applying it? Also how long and often should I apply the ice?
Expert:  Dr. Su S. replied 1 year ago.
You are always welcome.

I wanted to say that please do not apply it directly to skin.

Apply it only after wrapping it in towel.

Apply it for 10-15 min.

You can apply it again after the skin temperature returns to normal.
Dr. Su S., Pediatrician
Experience: 20 years of experience in treating children.
Customer: replied 12 months ago.

Good Morning

Today I am seeing like a rash on my son. They are not itchy and do not hurt. They are on his face, arms, back, chest, stomach, and behind. They are not on his legs just very few on his upper thigh. What do you think this can be? Thanks so much They all look like this pic I am sending.

Expert:  Dr. Su S. replied 12 months ago.
How is his temperature?

Did he have any bite? new food?
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
His temperature is good. No new foods. But I did start alternating between calendula ointment and brave soldier antiseptic on his scar starting Tuesday before that I was putting vitamin e oil. Yesterday after school is when I noticed his face a little blotchy and I told my husband, but he thought was fine. I didnt notice anything on his body until this morning. Also, Tuesday I washed him with a soap that is not his regular, but I had used that before and had no reaction.
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Also, he got bit by an ant yesterday on his calf at his brothers soccer field, but I had noticed his face blotchy before that.
This can be due to an allergy.

Change of ointment, food can be factors.

Though itching is common but it may not be prominent always.

Other probables are an infection, purpura.

I would suggest to take him to doctor for an examination in person.

You can give him zyrtec. This would help in case of allergy.
Dr. Su S., Pediatrician