Dr. Su S.
Dr. Su S., Pediatrician
Experience:  17 years of experience in treating children.

My 2 month old is spitting up a lot she has acid reflux and

My 2 month old is spitting up a lot she has acid reflux and there is some red and brown little clumps looks like blood we just took her to the doctor and they did a test and said it was not blood and didn't know what it was do you have any idea?
Category: Pediatrics
Expert:  Dr. Su S. replied 10 months ago.
Greetings,

Thank you for your question.

I am Dr. Su S. and I will try my best to help you.

How many times did it occur?

Does she take breast milk too?

When did the doctor test it?

Was it tested in lab?

How much clumps was there?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
It has happens twice tonight and a couple other times in the past she was doing good for awhile until tonight we just got back from the ER and took them some of the spit up he didn't take it to a lab he did some test out side the room he just told us it was not blood but she does not take breast milk only formula and there was kind of a lot of red brown color streaks not really clumps she also eats 2oz every 2 hours and tonight she spit it all up
Does she have any other sympXXXXX XXXXXke cold, cough?

Is there any fever?

How is stool?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
No cold or cough no fever and stools look fine she doesn't even seem to be in pain she only crys after she spits and that's only for about 5 mins then she is fine
Thank you for the input.

Those streaks are unlikely to be blood.

Sometimes old or altered blood can be brown.

Blood can come from vomiting,allergy.

As the doctor has tested it & did not find any evidence of blood in it, you need not to worry.

Rapid Gastroccult test is available to see the presence of blood.

Probably doctor has done it.

Altered milk, mixture with bile can be a possibility.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service here. If there’s anything else I can do, please let me know – it’s been a pleasure working with you and I hope to assist you again soon!

If you are happy with my answer please click on the Excellent/Good rating.

If you are not satisfied & decide to click poor or bad service, please stop for a moment & feel free to ask & continue conversation by using reply button.

This will help me to explain further & satisfy you.

Wish her healthy life.

Warm Regards.
Dr. Su S., Pediatrician
Experience: 17 years of experience in treating children.