Dr. A. Clark
Dr. A. Clark, Pediatrician
Experience:  33 years of experience as a general pediatrician in private practice and in pediatric urgent care.
17654155

I have a two year old that may have taken 4 tylenol. He weighs

I have a two year old that may have taken 4 tylenol. He weighs about 25-28 lbs. What should we do?

Dr. A. Clark :

I'm happy that you have asked me to assist you with your child and hope that you can benefit from my many years of helping parents like you.

Dr. A. Clark :

Can you tell me what the mg dose of the Tylenol tablet is?

Customer:

they are 500mg each

Dr. A. Clark :

The toxic dose is greater than 120mg/kg of body weight and at his weight he only took 71mg/kg, thus it is not likely to harm him at all.

Dr. A. Clark :

His dose is only 100mg every 4-6 hours so while he did take a large dose by the guidelines above he should not suffer at all. If you are in doubt about how many he ate or are still concerned then take him in to an ER where his blood level can be drawn, from which the toxicity potential can be plotted on a graph for this very purpose.