Dr. A. Clark
Dr. A. Clark, Pediatrician
Experience:  33 years of experience as a general pediatrician in private practice and in pediatric urgent care.

Baby fell from bed onto hardwood floor about an hour ago -

Baby fell from bed onto hardwood floor about an hour ago - he is eating fine and his pupils are okay. His forehead looks a little purple but he is responsive and acting fine - should I be worried about bleeding in the brain. His poop was alittle green and is usually yellow?

Dr. A. Clark :

Hi. I'm Dr. Clark and I'm happy that you have asked me to assist you with your child and hope that you can benefit from my many years of helping parents like you.

Dr. A. Clark :

Are you able to chat right now?

Dr. A. Clark :

How old is your baby?

Dr. A. Clark :

And when did this happen?

Customer: He is 11 days old and it happened an hour ago
Dr. A. Clark :

So I assume he fell off you bed since he's too young to roll over?

Dr. A. Clark :

The color of his bowel movement has nothing to do with a head injury and at his age can change colors and consistency daily!

Customer: He is 11 days old and happened an hour ago
Dr. A. Clark :

How did it happen?

Customer: My daughter picked him up and placed him half off the bed
Dr. A. Clark :

Happens all the time.

Dr. A. Clark :

If he was not dazed or knocked out and cried immediately and has acted OK since then I don't think you need to worry. His delivery was a lot harder on him than this accident!

Dr. A. Clark :

How old is your daughter?

Customer: I don't know if he cried immediately dont know how long he was on the floor - he wasn't crying when I got him kinda just sleeping my head is pretty high - so I'm just sick to my stomach - is the color of his forehead a problem?
Customer: She is 4. I meant to say my bed is high
Dr. A. Clark :

He might have a little bruise there but that is not important, only whether he was knocked out.

Dr. A. Clark :

I'm sure he is fine and sister only gets to hold him while seated from now on I would say

Customer: Could he have been knocked out then regained consciousness without me knowing
Dr. A. Clark :

Not that quickly

Dr. A. Clark :

If he continues to act OK the next hour or so I would not worry.

Customer: Anything I should watch for?
Dr. A. Clark :

Vomiting, lethargic (of course he's sleepy I'm sure), not wanting to eat.

Customer: Okay Thankyou so much
Dr. A. Clark :

You are quite welcome and don't worry as I'm sure he is just fine. Their skulls are very pliable and soft so they can be born so can take a bump here and there without any damage.

Dr. A. Clark :

Please let me know if you have any further questions and if not I hope you will take advantage of the opportunity to rate my advice when you exit chat. Please feel free to ask for me by name the next time you have a question about your children.

Customer: Thankyou again - it was most helpful
Dr. A. Clark :

Have a good evening.