Dr. A. Clark
Dr. A. Clark, Pediatrician
Experience:  33 years of experience as a general pediatrician in private practice and in pediatric urgent care.
17654155

My 2 moth old Son has recently started coughing he seems To

My 2 moth old Son has recently started coughing he seems
To have a tiny cold... A little more
Congestion than normal... But no fever every time I have checked. What should
I do?

Dr. A. Clark :

I'm happy that you have asked me to assist you with your child and hope that you can benefit from my many years of helping parents like you.

Dr. A. Clark :

Hi. Are you able to chat right now?

Dr. A. Clark :

It appears you went offline so let me just give you some general advice.

Dr. A. Clark :

Infants with a cold are pretty miserable since they don't know how to breathe through their mouths. For that reason you have to keep his nose clear with the bulb and you may also use saline nose drops to help loosen the mucous (Ayr, NaSal, etc). Prop his bed up so he sleeps with his head on the elevated end and use a cool mist humidifier on him at naps and night to keep his secretions thin.

Dr. A. Clark :

That's about it for infants with stuffy noses. There are NO medications that are safe or available for infants with colds and actually, they never helped anyway, nor do they in older children or adults.

Dr. A. Clark :

Please let me know if you have any questions about my advice and if not I trust you will take the opportunity to rate my advice when you exit chat. Thanks and again, I'm available should you choose to return to chat.

Dr. A. Clark :

I see you have not logged on to review my reply but I'm still available if you have questions.

I'm still available and happy to assist you should you choose to return to this site.
I remain ready to assist you and hope you will return to our conversation so that I can complete our consultation. Thank you.