Dr. A. Clark
Dr. A. Clark, Pediatrician
Experience:  33 years of experience as a general pediatrician in private practice and in pediatric urgent care.
17654155

My son was vacinated for Hepititas B when he was small (01/18/2001,

My son was vacinated for Hepititas B when he was small (01/18/2001, 03/31/2001 and 02/21/2002) in Florida where he was born. We now live in Ontario and the school sent home a note about Hepititas B vaccines- does he need to have them a second time, like booster set or is he good without getting these shots again?

Dr. A. Clark :

I'm happy that you have asked me to assist you with your child and hope that you can benefit from my many years of helping parents like you.

Dr. A. Clark :

The recommended HepB vaccine schedule is just 3 doses given at birth, 1-2 months, and then a final dose at 6-18 months. There is no booster or second round for HepB. Hepatitis A is given in 2 doses beginning at a year of age and completed by 2.

Dr. A. Clark :

Here is the American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) dose schedule for all vaccines:

Customer:

Are the standards different in the US then Canada

Customer:

the school sent home the vacination request -

Dr. A. Clark :

How old is he?

Customer:

so based on your answer I will turn down a second set of vaccinations and give them a copy of his completed immunization record so they can see he has had them

Dr. A. Clark :

And what province do you live in?

Customer:

he is 12, he will be 13 in Nov

Customer:

Ontario

Customer:

The meningococcal vaccine was alos offered and isn`t listed on his completetion record - is it in any combined US vaccinesÉ

Dr. A. Clark :

It is recommended and given at 11-12 and is not a part of any other vaccine.

Customer:

okay then I will say no to Hep B and yes to Meningococcal

Customer:

thank you very much for the help

Dr. A. Clark :

The Canadian and Ontario schedules are really not different than ours but each province seems to have a different twist for some reason. His HepB is up to date and should not be repeated.

Customer:

I appreciate your time, thank you Dr Clark

Dr. A. Clark :

You are quite welcome and here is the Canadian schedule: http://www.phac-aspc.gc.ca/im/ptimprog-progimpt/table-1-eng.php

Dr. A. Clark :

Please let me know if you have any further questions and if not I trust you will take advantage of the opportunity to rate my advice when it is presented as you leave chat. Thanks.

Dr. A. Clark :

Chat keeps timing us out so I'll exit but I hope you will rate me at some point and my best to you and your family.