Dr. A. Clark
Dr. A. Clark , Pediatrician
Experience:  33 years of experience as a general pediatrician in private practice and in pediatric urgent care.
17654155

my 5 year old had a tonsillectomy and adenoidectomy 3 weeks

my 5 year old had a tonsillectomy and adenoidectomy 3 weeks ago and is now unwell with a temperature and sore ears? Is it related to the operation?
Category: Pediatrics
Expert:  Dr. A. Clark replied 2 years ago.

Dr. A. Clark :

I'm happy that you have asked me to assist you with your child and hope that you can benefit from my many years of helping parents like you.

Dr. A. Clark :

Hello.

Dr. A. Clark :

I doubt it is related to his recent surgery as it should have healed completely by now. Any time a child has an ear ache it is best to have them evaluated by a physician or clinic to check for an infection.

Dr. A. Clark :

Even kids who have no tonsils can still get strep throat but his doctor can check for that too.

Customer:

OK thank you, XXXXX XXXXX just worried as his temperature is high and he has been unwell since yesturday

Customer:

ummm, I cant get him into the doctors till Monday, do you think I should take him to A&E? His temp was 39 dergrees

Dr. A. Clark :

I would take him to the A&E in the morning.

Dr. A. Clark :

He can be checked for strep and an ear infection and a prescription started so he will feel better over the weekend.

Customer:

I wont have any transport in the morning, my family will all be away :(, I think we will take him now, thanks for your help