Dr. A. Clark
Dr. A. Clark , Pediatrician
Experience:  33 years of experience as a general pediatrician in private practice and in pediatric urgent care.
17654155

2 year old boy with three bumps on right side of neck just

2 year old boy with three bumps on right side of neck just below jaw to collar bone seem to be on jugular vein
Category: Pediatrics
Expert:  Dr. A. Clark replied 2 years ago.

Dr. A. Clark :

I'm Dr. Clark and I'm happy that you have asked me to assist you with your child and hope that you can benefit from my many years of helping parents like you.

Dr. A. Clark :

What size are the bumps and are they below the skin or like pimples?

Customer:

The bumps are approximately the size of a dime and are under skin

Dr. A. Clark :

These are likely just little lymph nodes or "glands". Do they hurt at all or did you just notice them?

Customer:

I don't think they are hurting him and the bumps just surfaced today but the area has been red and irritated for two days

Dr. A. Clark :

As long as he doesn't have fever then you can just watch for today but I'd take him in to see his doctor if they get sore or begin to form a pus.

Customer:

Thank you

Dr. A. Clark :

If he has had a recent skin infection, bite, inflammation, cut, etc in the area then that is why they became swollen as that is the function of lymph nodes to help fight infection. Just keep an eye on him for a day or so.

Dr. A. Clark :

You are quite welcome.

Dr. A. Clark :
Please remember as you exit chat to rate my service as that is the only way experts are compensated for their time! If you feel unsatisfied with my answer at all please don't exit but just hit the REPLY tab and let me know of the issue or question that you have. I will be happy to continue working with you and will do everything I can to provide you with the service you seek and I hope that I can earn an excellent rating from you.

Dr. A. Clark :

Chat time us out and kicks us off if neither of use posts a reply within 4 minutes. I will exit but if you have any further questions please let me know.