Dr. Su S.
Dr. Su S., Pediatrician
Experience:  17 years of experience in treating children.

Hello. For 2 days I have had awful diarrhea. Nauseous,

Hello. For 2 days I have had awful diarrhea. Nauseous, headaches, lethargic and on the toilet constantly. No vomiting. I am on vacation in the northwoods but we do have a doc in town I could try and see. My stomach is making lots of bad noises and now (as terrible as it is to type this) the diarrhea is a lime green color. yuck. i have eaten practically nothing for 38 hours and tried my best to stay hydrated. Does this just need to pass through me? Can I give it to my 17 month old? Do I need antibiotics? Your help is appreciated.
Category: Pediatrics
Expert:  Dr. Su S. replied 11 months ago.
Greetings,

Thank you for your question.

I am Dr. SS. I will try my best to help you.

Is the frequency of stool decreasing or remaining the same?

Is there any blood in stool?

How is urine?

How is your temperature?

How is the baby now?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Oops! I asked pediatrics and was meaning to ask an adult doc. Sorry if that's not your area? Diarrhea is occurring every 15 minutes sometimes, but sometimes not for an hour or 2. Urine is fine as far as I can tell, but every time I try to urinate, diarrhea also comes out :(. I don't think there is blood in either. My baby screamed last night for 2 hours going to bed and that is not normal. I was worried he had a stomach ache but his poop has been normal. I gave him Tylenol
Hello Kim.

Thank you for the input.

I am sorry for your symptoms.

I worked in health & medical categories too.

You are likely having gastroenteritis.

In most cases it is viral.

Sometimes bacterial & other infections can be there.

When the frequency of stool is so much & you have a baby with you, I would suggest to take an examination by doctor.

Stool testing, blood electrolytes, count would be helpful.

Please continue to try to take plenty of fluid & electrolytes.

There is a risk of transmission to baby too.

So just to repeat, please wash your hands before taking care of baby.

Repeated hand washing is very helpful.

If you have any query, please feel free to ask & continue conversation by using reply button.

This will help me to explain further & satisfy you.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service here. If there’s anything else I can do, let me know – it’s been a pleasure working with you and I hope to assist you again soon!”

Wish your healthy life.

Regards.

Dr. Su S., Pediatrician
Experience: 17 years of experience in treating children.