Dr. A. Clark
Dr. A. Clark, Pediatrician
Experience:  33 years of experience as a general pediatrician in private practice and in pediatric urgent care.
17654155

I accidentally ate a chocolate chip cookie that had some green/blue

I accidentally ate a chocolate chip cookie that had some green/blue mold on the bottom, the cookies werent even past their sell by date and it tasted fine but im worried i'll get food poisoning from them. I only ate a bout half a cookie. I have a vomiting phobia so im really scared

Dr. A. Clark :

The mold that grows on bread, cookies, and other flour products is pretty harmless and most of the time was there long before you actually saw it. This means we all eat mold quite often and it is not harmful since that is how cheese and some other foods are processed.

Dr. A. Clark :

I would not worry at all as the thought of eating something harmful is likely all you are likely to suffer from and I can assure you that you will be fine.

Dr. A. Clark :

Did that reassure you?

Customer:

that helped a lot, thanks. I have to run errands today so i don't have to worry about vomiting from them right? i'd hate to go out and feel sick if you know what i mean /:

Dr. A. Clark :

I think you will be fine! Have a fun shopping trip.

Customer:

thank you! (:

Dr. A. Clark :

You are quite welcome.