Dr. A. Clark
Dr. A. Clark, Pediatrician
Experience:  33 years of experience as a general pediatrician in private practice and in pediatric urgent care.
17654155

Hi, my 17 year old son had a wet gurgly cough earlier today,

Hi, my 17 year old son had a wet gurgly cough earlier today, and then began to complain he wasn't feeling so well. He came home and went to bed with a headache and chills. Has a fever of 102. Think it could be a flu?

Dr. A. Clark :

I'm happy that you have asked me to assist you with your child and hope that you can benefit from my many years of helping parents like you.

Dr. A. Clark :

The flu is not likely at this time of year so I would be concerned about a secondary bacterial infection such as bronchitis or sinusitis.

Dr. A. Clark :

I suggest you take him in tomorrow to have him looked at as he may need an antibiotic.

Dr. A. Clark :

Did you have any questions?

Dr. A. Clark :

Perhaps you've stepped away from your computer so I'll stand by to see if you have any questions.

Customer:

Hi, I have never used this before so I didn't realize where the answer was going to appear. Yes, I thought about that but didn't know if I should do anything tonight.

Dr. A. Clark :

I don't think you need to take him in tonight as long as he's resting comfortably.

Customer:

He's leaving for college in less than a week and I don't want him to be sick for that.

Dr. A. Clark :

All the more reason to get him checked out tomorrow.

Customer:

Yes, he is resting so that's good. I told him to drink lots of fluids.

Customer:

exactly.

Dr. A. Clark :

Tylenol or Motrin and take him in tomorrow

Customer:

Okay, thank you for your help.

Customer:

yes.

Customer:

thank you

Dr. A. Clark :

You are quite welcome and feel free to ask for me the next time you have a pediatric problem.

Customer:

Will do. Thanks again.