Dr. A. Clark
Dr. A. Clark, Pediatrician
Experience:  33 years of experience as a general pediatrician in private practice and in pediatric urgent care.
17654155

also, we want to visit a cousin. this means taking a Plane.

also, we want to visit a cousin. this means taking a Plane. is there any restrictions with this. As I said before, he is presently very active, no complaints, eats well. Awaiting your response. Thank you.

Dr. A. Clark :

I posted this reply a minute ago:

Dr. A. Clark :

It sounds like what you are describing it a condition where the platelets are low called idiopathic thrombocytopenia purpura (ITP) where the child has easy bruising and bleeding. If the platelet count was 17,000 then that can be quite serious with even spontaneous bleeding in organs, including the brain. It is treated with either steroids or more commonly with IV immune globulin when severe and that is determined by the hematologist usually.

Dr. A. Clark :

As to travel, I would not advise this with his platelets that low, if indeed they are at 17,000 right now.

Dr. A. Clark :

I'll watch for your reply as it seems you might not be at your computer.

Dr. A. Clark :

I see another doctor has decided to insert himself into our conversation. I did see your last question and have to tell you that he needs to be evaluated by the hematologist as this can be quite serious and I've see children have major bleeding and even die with this.

You have already rated my other answer and even given me a bonus that I much appreciate. Please let me know if you have any further questions later or in the future and feel free to ask for me by name.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you for your expertise. sorry I might have sent many e-mails. Trying to get use to computer that was just bought. we are going to take him into the City, to be seen by a Hematologist. I appreciate your evaluation. I well keep your assessment in his file, and will consult with you if necessary. Thank you again.

You are quite welcome and my best to you and your family.
I hope your child is doing well but if you ever have any other problems for which you'd like my advice please feel free to reply here or with a new question, asking for me by name. Have a great day and my best to your family.