Dr. A. Clark
Dr. A. Clark , Pediatrician
Experience:  33 years of experience as a general pediatrician in private practice and in pediatric urgent care.
17654155

Our 2 year old may have swallowed 400mg of amiodorone. The

Our 2 year old may have swallowed 400mg of amiodorone. The pharmacist says not to worry. I am worried but don't want to put her through any procedure that may be unnecessary. Should I head to ER?

Thank youl
Category: Pediatrics
Expert:  Dr. A. Clark replied 3 years ago.

Dr. A. Clark :

I'm happy that you have asked me to assist you with your child and hope that you can benefit from my many years of helping parents like you.

Dr. A. Clark :

I am concerned about just staying at home and watching as it can affect her heart rhythm. At the least she needs to be examined and her pulse and blood pressure checked to be sure they are stable. It likely will not harm her but it's not worth taking a chance as you would not be aware of the side effects at home I'm afraid.