Dr. A. Clark
Dr. A. Clark, Pediatrician
Experience:  33 years of experience as a general pediatrician in private practice and in pediatric urgent care.
17654155

Hi Dr. Clark, My 7 year old daughter just complained about

Hi Dr. Clark,

My 7 year old daughter just complained about feeling pressure on her chest. It started while she was on her trampoline however she's still feeling some pressure (several minutes later) although it's getting better. I see your response about an 11 year old with the same symptoms suggest it could be Costochondritis or "growing pains". Would this be the case for my 7 year old daughter?

Dr. A. Clark :

Yes, most likely that is exactly what is going on in a situation like hers. Costochondritis occurs in both adults and kids but more in children because of all the physical activity they have.

Dr. A. Clark :

Give her some ibuprofen and that will usually relieve the pain/pressure for up to 4-6 hours and you may continue that medicine every 6 hours or so while she is awake for the next couple of days. As long as she is breathing ok then you need not worry.

Dr. A. Clark :

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Customer:

Thank You Dr. Clark, I appreciate the help.