Dr. A. Clark
Dr. A. Clark, Pediatrician
Experience:  33 years of experience as a general pediatrician in private practice and in pediatric urgent care.
17654155

can you get naegleria fowleri from hose water accidentaly being

can you get naegleria fowleri from hose water accidentaly being sprayed up your nose

Dr. A. Clark :

I'm happy that you have asked me to assist you with your child and hope that you can benefit from my many years of helping parents like you.

Dr. A. Clark :

I can tell you that without a doubt you CANNOT get Naegleria from hose water.

Dr. A. Clark :

This protozoan infection of the brain only comes from contaminated water in a lake or other stagnant body of water and despite all the news stories about it I can tell you it is actually quite rare.

Customer:

Me and my husband were watching our sons play in the sprinkler (high powered) . when the water went up his nose . We started talking about that little girl in Arkansas and I thought I would ask someone more knowledgeable then my self if it were possible to contract the disease this way? so thank you

Dr. A. Clark :

Chat says you are typing so I'll stand by.

Dr. A. Clark :

OK, I see your post now.

Dr. A. Clark :

You don't need to worry as hose water from a clean source cannot be contaminated with this bug.

Customer:

I'm glad thanks again

Dr. A. Clark :

You are quite welcome and on a hot day there is nothing more fun for a kid than a sprinkler and a hose.