Dr. A. Clark
Dr. A. Clark, Pediatrician
Experience:  33 years of experience as a general pediatrician in private practice and in pediatric urgent care.
17654155

Hi Dr. Clark. I am a current mother of one with my second

Hi Dr. Clark. I am a current mother of one with my second child on the way. I have a few questions to ask you about vaccines. I am vaccinating my daughter and intend on also vaccinating my next child both on a delayed schedule that doesn't put so much stress on their tiny, undeveloped immune systems. I have a but of curiosity about the safety of vaccines and the manner in which they are administered. My first question is, if these vaccines are intended to provide life long immunity, why are there booster schedules for later in life? Also, why are some vaccines required in five doses to provide immunity, what makes the fifth better than the first. If a parent were to ask you to perform a titter test to see what the child is already immune to, if immunity was shown, would you require the completion of the series? Also, in your experience, can you say whether or not you have seen a healthy, normally developing child with no prior display of regression or delayed learning be poorly effected by vaccines?
Category: Pediatrics
Expert:  Dr. A. Clark replied 1 year ago.

Dr. A. Clark :

I'm happy that you have asked me to assist you with your child and hope that you can benefit from my many years of helping parents like you.

Dr. A. Clark :

Let me see if I can answer your questions in order for you and then allow me to direct you to a website with a number of resources for parents with questions like yours.

Customer:

Sounds great

Dr. A. Clark :

First, the reason multiple doses of vaccines are given is due not to the vaccine but the immaturity of the immune system, especially in babies. Even as adults we have to get tetanus, diphtheria and pertussis boosters to be safe.

Dr. A. Clark :

For the same reason, immunity is boosted in increments with each dose building on the previous ones to the point where immunity is complete, as with some vaccines like measles, mumps, rubella, chickenpox, etc and with others like tetanus, periodic boosters are required to keep our immunity at its peak.

Dr. A. Clark :

I have NEVER seen a child adversely affected by the vaccines we currently use - there is simply NO data to support the contention that autism, ADHD, or any other cognitive or developmental disorder is affected by vaccines, even those that contained the mercury based preservative (thimerisol) which also has never caused anyone a problem, since it is not stored in the body.

Dr. A. Clark :

There were reactions to some of the older vaccines that could be severe, such as seizures, but with the purity of the vaccines we use now this is not an issue.

Dr. A. Clark :

I suggest you take a look at the Texas Pediatric Society website link to follow that has a wealth of information on vaccine safety, myths, outright lies and deceptive opinions by "experts" and why they are lies or misleading. Here is the link:

Dr. A. Clark :

Watch the two videos from parents who made the tragic mistake of delaying or skipping immunizations as these are real families who volunteered to do these videos to help parents understand the tragedy they should not have to experience with their children.

Customer:

I guess my other question would be is it possible, from your knowledge and medical background, that some children may be born with a predisposition to certain diseases or nerplogical defects and that vaccines could possibly be an environmental trigger in those such cases?

Dr. A. Clark :

Not to my knowledge and I can tell you that this has been looked at. The major precaution with vaccines is in immunocompromised patients or their family members when live vaccines are given.

Dr. A. Clark :

Also, doing immunity titers only measures certain aspects of immunity (B-cell response, not T-cells, which are the long term immunity we all need).

Dr. A. Clark :

Please let me know if you have any further questions as I'll be standing by. Chat times us out and kicks us off if neither of us posts for 4 minutes!

Customer:

OK

Dr. A. Clark :
Please remember as you exit chat to rate my service as that is the only way experts are compensated for their time! If you feel unsatisfied with my answer at all please don't exit but just hit the REPLY tab and let me know of the issue or question that you have. I will be happy to continue working with you and will do everything I can to provide you with the service you seek and I hope that I can earn an excellent rating from you.

Customer:

I'm just curious as to whether you have read some of the horror stories parents have posted about vaccine injury and death, people have even been compensated for such tragedies so that must mean they exist, right? It is so hard to feel confident in the vaccines knowing your risking what could potentially be your child's life because we hear a lot more on vaccine injury that we do on unvaccinated children getting diseases. Its a hard pill to swallow either wy. I just feel as thoughno one knows a child better than their parent or primary caregiver and if I read that a parent says their child was fine except for when administered vaccines, I can't help to wonder, how many doctors are really turning a blind eye to this because big pharma controls everything in reality.

Dr. A. Clark :

The only deaths from vaccines occurred rarely and with older vaccines we no longer use since we have more purified versions now. You have to consider the risk of NOT vaccinating your child which is enormously greater than your child suffering at all from any vaccine. With the rise lately in measles, whooping cough, etc in recent years I would never consider not immunizing children and in fact, in my former practice, we did not see families who chose not to immunize as their children posed too high a risk for our patients who did immunize, many of whom had immune disorders or were on chemotherapy.

Dr. A. Clark :

Big pharma does NOT control the way we practice at all and immunization manufacturers are few and far between now as there aren't many left who are willing to do all the expensive research necessary to produce these very expensive vaccines. The vaccines we use are not at the direction of pharmaceutical manufacturers but rather the other way around. Such organizations as the World Health Organization, CDC, National Institutes for Health, American Academy of Pediatrics, and the ACIP (Advisory Committee for Immunization Practices) dictate the vaccines we used based on their tireless research.

Dr. A. Clark :

You are wise to question but you have to rely on trusting the people and organizations who speak with research behind them rather than anecdotal stories and articles that have NO science behind them. That is why I provided the link above as everything you should know is available there at those links.

Customer:

Well I appreciate your knowledge on that aspect of the subject. As far as what is used as adjuvants in the vaccines such as aborted fetal lung tissue or animal bloods or by product, do you think by injecting this into our children it any way could alter their DNA?

Dr. A. Clark :

There is no way these affect our DNA or have any contaminants that can be harmful. These are the most pure vaccines now that we've ever had which is why I am completely confidant in their use for all children and adults.

Dr. A. Clark :

I'm headed to my clinic to work so I'll check back later to see if you have any further questions. And, just so you know, all of my children were immunized by me as well as 3 of my 6 grandchildren and I had no reservations about giving them the same vaccines I gave all my patients.

Customer:

That is to an extent reassuring!! I'm fortunate that my ped does allow us to space them out! Thank you for your help.

Dr. A. Clark, Pediatrician
Experience: 33 years of experience as a general pediatrician in private practice and in pediatric urgent care.