My daughter (nearly 6) has the following symptoms:
- Persistent cough - usually in the morning (cold + ducted heater on) - to the point of having to vomit.
- No pain, except throat she says, but no pain/discomfort in chest nor tummy area.
- Was quite sick (high fever
), but no more fever
now. Cough persists.
- Has seen doctor several times, things tried; cough syrup, puffer (Ventolin), 3 days of steroids (corticosteroids; Prednisolone medication)
- Cough was at night, but now mostly in the morning (still to the point of vomiting
) and some at night (but less, likely due to the steroids which have reduced coughing a bit in general/at night, but not in the morning)
- The whole family (mum, dad, 2 other children) have had the same, but recovered in a few (3-5) days.
- Serious/concerning cough persists in daughter even after 2 weeks
- Doctor in one of the earlier visits mentioned "some [light?] wheezing
" present. Not sure if that remains.
What could this be?