Dr. A. Clark
Dr. A. Clark , Pediatrician
Experience:  33 years of experience as a general pediatrician in private practice and in pediatric urgent care.
17654155

23 month old is awakened from naps and overnight sleep when

23 month old is awakened from naps and overnight sleep when parent thinks they have "slept enough" It is for the convenience of the parents only. Is this detriment to the child's health?
Category: Pediatrics
Expert:  Dr. A. Clark replied 3 years ago.

Dr. A. Clark :

Hi. I'm Dr. Clark and I'm happy that you have asked me to assist you with your grandchild and hope that you can benefit from my many years of helping grandparents like you.

Dr. A. Clark :

Most babies that age will get enough sleep one way or another, whether all in one night or with naps periodically throughout the day. Most toddlers nap once or twice daily but their bodies tell them when to crash and I'm not sure what they are doing is necessarily harmful as long as the child is getting 8-10 hours at night and more important then is what time they put the child down to sleep to assure that they get enough quality sleep.

Customer:

thanks