Ask a Pediatrician Online and Get an Answer ASAP
I think I can assure you that there is nothing to worry about. Kids swallow lots of things we don't even know about and they all pass through just fine, including such objects as tacks, straight pins, broken Christmas ornaments and other glass, and yes, even safety pins that were open!
The only two objects that require immediate intervention are magnets and batteries as they have to be removed quickly. Any object that gets past the Adam's apple area of the throat is going to pass the rest of the way without any trouble.
You'd be surprised how tough the GI tract is and sharp object RARELY pierce the lining of the stomach or intestines. You really don't need to worry as it is unlikely that he swallowed it in the first place but if he did and didn't choke then it will pass within 4 days. No xray is needed unless you just can stop worrying about it and I agree that less radiation is better.
No. It will pass right through and it is extremely rare for any object to become stuck in the bowel or stomach.
Many times and other than magnets and batteries I've never seen a bad outcome.
You are quite welcome and stop worrying and have a good evening.
Please let me know if you have any further questions.
Yes, as he would have immediate pain, fever, nausea, perhaps vomiting.
I'm still here!
Chat says you are typing but also that you might be having trouble staying in chat. I'll stand by though.
I'll switch us over to Q&A mode as I think you might be having trouble on your side of chat. I'll watch for any further questions you have.
.My daughter has been taking Norditroping 0.35mg/day past