Dr. A. Clark
Dr. A. Clark, Pediatrician
Experience:  33 years of experience as a general pediatrician in private practice and in pediatric urgent care.
17654155

About my 16 months old daughter Its started several days

About my 16 months old daughter

Its started several days ago from a big caugh and runny nose...Took her to the daughter and she got some medecine and appeared to feel a little better. The caugh stopped since then but her nose is still runny and becomes stuffy. Since yesterday, her runny nose seems to get worse and looks like she is having a hard time in breathing...Not sure if this is because of her nose is stuffs of mucus...Her face is all red and appear to be irritated since this morning and looks like she can not

I mean, looks like her eyes are heavy for her to lift cause she doesnèt open them as big as yesterday all day long today...

Tonight she started to cough agan and puked a bunch of mucus thing in white color

she is having problem to breath and trouble to sleep cause of her blocked nose i think

She has no fever

please see what can I do for urgent relief as we our here in tulear got nothing open during the week end
Category: Pediatrics
Expert:  Dr. A. Clark replied 1 year ago.

Dr. A. Clark :

Hi. I'm Dr. Clark and I'm happy that you have asked me to assist you with your child and hope that you can benefit from my many years of helping parents like you.

Dr. A. Clark :

It sounds like she just has a cold but at her age that can be a real problem since she still prefers to breathe through her nose. There are no medications that are safe for children her age but there are some things you can do to make her more comfortable.

Dr. A. Clark :

First, use the suction bulb to keep her nose clear of any mucous you see and you can pick up some nasal saline drops (Ayr, NaSal, etc) to put in her nose before you suction to help make the mucous easier to suction.

Dr. A. Clark :

A cool mist humidifier is also very helpful to use at night to help keep her mucous thinned and you should also prop up the head of her bed to help the drainage.

Dr. A. Clark :

If her cold goes on more than a week or if she begins having fever greater than 101 then take her in to the doctor to be examined,

Dr. A. Clark :

Did you have any questions?

Dr. A. Clark :

Chat says you are standing by but I guess you are not at your computer so I'll exit but watch for your return.

Dr. A. Clark :

I hope you will return to chat to view my reply and please let me know if you have questions.

Our chat has ended, but you can still continue to ask me questions here until you are satisfied with your answer. Come back to this page to view our conversation and any other new information.

What happens now?

If you haven’t already done so, please rate your answer above. Or, you can reply to me using the box below.
I'm still available should you choose to return to JustAnswer.
Dr. A. Clark, Pediatrician
Experience: 33 years of experience as a general pediatrician in private practice and in pediatric urgent care.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thanks you and sorry for the delay... third world country situation over where the baby is

No problem as I was concerned more that I didn't answer all of your questions than about being compensated. Please feel free to ask for me by name the next time you have a pediatric question.