Dr.R.K
Dr.R.K, Doctor
Experience:  MD(Pediatrics), DM ( Gastroenterology).

my baby likes to watch videos on the laptop.. will that affect

my baby likes to watch videos on the laptop.. will that affect his eyes?
ALso when will his head be steady completely? He has completed 5 months and he is just a teeny weeny bit wobbly..
Category: Pediatrics
Expert:  Dr.R.K replied 12 months ago.
Welcome to Just Answer!
Thanks for posting your query.
I am Dr.Ratnakar and I am pleased to assist you.
If you have questions after reading my answer, be sure to let me know.

You have mentioned that your son is 5 months old. At this age he will be interested in looking at bright things and so obviously he looks at the laptop screen though he may not be actually watching the videos.
Since he is too young to understand or read anything on the laptop, he may not be constantly watching it with out blinking. So the strain put on the eyes is very less.

So my answer to your question is it will not affect his eyes.

Regarding the head remaining steady, complete steadiness occurs at around 5 months of age. Once the head becomes completely steady , the baby starts rolling over.

I hope that answers your question.
If you have any more questions, you can ask me.
If you have no more questions, kindly rate this service.
Regards,
Dr.Ratnakar
Customer: replied 12 months ago.

My baby already rolls over and has been doing it for the past 2 months but his head is a little wobbly is there some problem?

Expert:  Dr.R.K replied 12 months ago.
If the baby is able to roll over, then it indicates that head control is good. So there is no need to worry about the wobbling. It will stop over a period of time.

I hope that answers your question.
Regards,
Dr.Ratnakar
Customer: replied 12 months ago.

Could i ask another question? When he pees, he does it in 3 installments. So when he is that normal?

Expert:  Dr.R.K replied 12 months ago.
It may be normal.
But some times double or triple urination may indicate vesico ureteric reflux. In this condition small amount of urine reflux backs in to the ureter to come out during subsequent urination.
Consult a pediatric urologist for evaluation.

I hope that answers your question.
Regards,
Dr.Ratnakar
Dr.R.K, Doctor
Experience: MD(Pediatrics), DM ( Gastroenterology).
Customer: replied 12 months ago.

Actually what I meant was he does it three times in one go.. so if he is peeing now.. he does it as 1..2..3.. and stops instead of a single flow. Another thing that I notice is that sometimes when he pees.. there appears a bulge on his penis and looks like a boil and disappears when he is finished..

Expert:  Dr.R.K replied 12 months ago.
You have mentioned about some boil which disappears after finishing peeing.
Are you trying to say his foreskin balloons while peeing?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

yes..that is how it seems.

Expert:  Dr.R.K replied 11 months ago.
Ballooning could be due to phimosis.
In phimosis, the foreskin cannot be retracted.
Though some degree of phimosis is seen till 1 and 1/2 to 2 years of age and no intervention is needed, sometimes early intervention is needed if there is recurrent urinary tract infection and other features like ballooning.
You may have to consult a pediatric urologist.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

So for now we dont need to do anything right? And the 1,2,3 in peeing is ok too? Or should I mention to his pediatrician? We have an appointment end of the month. Should I take him in sooner?

Expert:  Dr.R.K replied 11 months ago.
Yes you need not do anything now.
And that 1,2,3 in peeing may be considered normal as long as there is no urinary tract infection. But do mention about it to his pediatrician.
You can consult him as per the appointment during the month end.
Dr.R.K, Doctor