Dr. A. Clark
Dr. A. Clark, Pediatrician
Experience:  33 years of experience as a general pediatrician in private practice and in pediatric urgent care.
17654155

My daughter is 6months old. She is currently being breastfed

My daughter is 6months old. She is currently being breastfed along with a couple meal of rice cereal. She has started rice cereal for a month now.

Today my daughter hasn't poop yet. Its been 30 hours since the last time she went. She seems normal, not fussy, eating like normal, and happy like usual. She usually poops once or twice a day.

My question is should I be concerned that she hasn't had a pooped today? When should I seek medical attention or the doctor's attention?

Dr. A. Clark :

Hi. I'm Dr. Clark and I'm happy that you have asked me to assist you with your child and hope that you can benefit from my many years of helping parents like you.

Dr. A. Clark :

It is not unusual for babies to go a day or two without a stool, especially after starting solid foods.

Dr. A. Clark :

As long as she is comfortable, eating well, and sleeping fine I would not worry. If she goes more than 3-4 days, or even now, you may give her apple juice a couple of times daily to help stimulater her to have a stool.

Customer:

Okay thank you very much for the advice.

Customer:

I will see what happens in a couple of days.