Dr. A. Clark
Dr. A. Clark, Pediatrician
Experience:  33 years of experience as a general pediatrician in private practice and in pediatric urgent care.
17654155

Hi! my son si 2 year old and I am not comfortable leaving him

Hi! my son si 2 year old and I am not comfortable leaving him in the backyard (I live in Queens NY) because of all the crazy things I see outside in the grass ( worms and so forth). Putting enough bug repellent on him would prevent him from being bitten?
Category: Pediatrics
Expert:  Dr. A. Clark replied 1 year ago.

Dr. A. Clark :

Hi. I'm Dr. Clark and I'm happy that you have asked me to assist you with your child and hope that you can benefit from my many years of helping parents like you.

Dr. A. Clark :

I'm in Texas and understand your concern as we've got lots of insects here too.

Dr. A. Clark :

There are a several kid-safe insect repellents available as they don't contain the chemical called DEET.

Dr. A. Clark :

OFF makes one for kids that you can wipe on like a Wet One that works well.

Dr. A. Clark :

I see you are offline so I'll watch for your return to chat with any questions.

Customer:

Okay, and that will make the insects ( even the scary looking ones stay away?)

Dr. A. Clark :

As well as anything else you can do to protect him other than keeping him inside all the time, which I don't advise for yours or his sake!

Customer:

True, thanks. I have another issue I need advisement on. If I rate twice will you get paid twice? Or i should go ask the question in main screen?

Dr. A. Clark :

Just ask away.

Customer:

He has been sleeping with either me and my husband or his grandma on and off

Customer:

I want to start him to sleep by himself in the toddler bed, and its not going to be easy, that I know

Customer:

Any tipps?

Customer:

tips

Dr. A. Clark :

The best advice is in Dr. Richard Ferber's book "Solve Your Child's Sleep Problems" and you can download it as an ebook from Amazon. Here is a link to more information:

Dr. A. Clark :

I hope this helps and it's not easy but can be done.

Dr. A. Clark :
Please remember as you exit chat to rate my service as that is the only way experts are compensated for their time! If you feel unsatisfied with my answer at all please don't exit but just hit the REPLY tab and let me know of the issue or question that you have. I will be happy to continue working with you and will do everything I can to provide you with the service you seek and I hope that I can earn an excellent rating from you.

Customer:

Thank you:)

Dr. A. Clark, Pediatrician
Experience: 33 years of experience as a general pediatrician in private practice and in pediatric urgent care.