Dr. Yogindra Vasavada
Dr. Yogindra Vasavada, Pediatrician
Experience:  M.D.(ped) passed at first attempt, in practice continuously for last 37 years. Certi. in Comp
16481530

My daughter has been recommended to see a genetic specialist

My daughter has been recommended to see a genetic specialist at CHOP for possibly having OsteoGenesis Imperfecta. Her main symtom right now is the whites of her eyes are tinted blue. As I was doing research on this subject i found out that excessive sweating can also be a symptom of this disease. I have a 2yr old son who seems healthy and none of the doctors have ever brought this disease up in reguards to him, but he sweats uncontrollably. Every morning when he wakes up is hair is soaked like he just took a shower. Should I have him checked out for this disease also????I have one more question. I was trying to figure out if it was my wife or myself who is carrying this disease as well. I found out that lack of enamel on teeth and dizziness are also associated with this disease. I had to get 5 caps on my teeth as soon as they came in because there was very little enamel on them. Also about 10yrs ago I finally went to the doctors because I was experiencing alot of dizzyness growing up. The doctor sent me for numerous cat scans, Mri's and even had me carry a portable heart monitor around. Nobody could figure it out though. Could me having this disease explain the dizzyness? also do you think I should be checked out as well???? Thank you
Category: Pediatrics
Expert:  Dr. Yogindra Vasavada replied 3 years ago.

Dr. Yogindra Vasavada :

Hi, With this genetic condition, a child would have numerous fractures and bent bones. Your son or you are not likely to be affected by this condition of fragile bones.

Dr. Yogindra Vasavada :

Mild blue tint of sclera is common in children due to thin skin layer over eyeball and veins beneath are blue.

Dr. Yogindra Vasavada :

Enamel of teeth can be hypoplastic (thin) in calcium deficiency and other genetic conditions. Your son having sweating could be also having mild calcium and vitamin D deficiency. Please take calcium yourself and give this supplement containing vitamin D to both children also.

Dr. Yogindra Vasavada :

Adults with this diagnosis can hardly escape having undergone many fractures on slightest trauma.

Dr. Yogindra Vasavada :

You may not see the post well in chat window so am changing to Q&A view.