Dr. A. Clark
Dr. A. Clark, Pediatrician
Experience:  33 years of experience as a general pediatrician in private practice and in pediatric urgent care.
17654155

We are moving to Houston from the UK and I would like to avoid

We are moving to Houston from the UK and I would like to avoid having my daughter immunised to enter school. How can avoid it?
Category: Pediatrics
Expert:  Dr. A. Clark replied 3 years ago.

Dr. A. Clark :

Hello. I'm Dr. Clark and happy to assist you. I see you posted on chat and went offline so let me go ahead and give you a reply and then you may ask questions when you return.

Dr. A. Clark :

In Texas, immunizations are taken very seriously by the state as well as public and private schools. While I disagree wholeheartedly with your stance on putting your daughter at risk by not having her immunized, I respect your right to do so even though your child is not of age to make her own decision.

Dr. A. Clark :

You can apply for a waiver from the state at this website:

Dr. A. Clark :

This is not a guarantee that the state will issue the waiver, which is required for your child to enter any school, public or private, as well as camps, sports teams, etc. but this is where you need to start.

Dr. A. Clark :

Let me also refer you to the Texas Pediatric Society website link regarding immunizations where you might find information regarding this very serious decision that you were not aware of perhaps:

Dr. A. Clark :

I hope you find my advice helpful and in any case, welcome to Texas and I wish you and your family well.

Customer:

Of course you disagree. I asked to have my question reviewed by a naturopathic doctor. I am well aware of how an MD would look at this.Thank you anyway for responding.

Dr. A. Clark, Pediatrician
Experience: 33 years of experience as a general pediatrician in private practice and in pediatric urgent care.