Dr. A. Clark
Dr. A. Clark, Pediatrician
Experience:  33 years of experience as a general pediatrician in private practice and in pediatric urgent care.
17654155

My wife is currently breastfeeding our 5 month old daughter.

My wife is currently breastfeeding our 5 month old daughter. My wife is getting a bit sick and wants to take a day off taking NyQuil to get better.

She is going to sleep in for 6-8 hours without breastfeeding, but we're just wondering if it will be okay to breastfeed afterwards taking NyQuil?

Dr. A. Clark :

I'm Dr. Clark and I'm happy that you have asked me to assist you with your child and hope that you can benefit from my many years of helping parents like you.

Dr. A. Clark :

There is no problem with your wife taking NyQuil as very little, if any, of the antihistamine even crosses in breast milk and won't have any effects on your baby.

Dr. A. Clark :

Did that answer your question and do you have any other concerns.

Dr. A. Clark :

I'm standing by but chat will time us out and kick us off after 4 minutes. I'll watch for your return to chat.