Dr. A. Clark
Dr. A. Clark, Pediatrician
Experience:  33 years of experience as a general pediatrician in private practice and in pediatric urgent care.
17654155

hello my son is two months old now and he is due for his first

hello my son is two months old now and he is due for his first big round of vaccinations. I am weary about giving him so many vaccinations at the same time as recommended by the american pediatrics assoc. I am scared for two reasons 1 i feel like this is a lot for the body to handle at one time 2. yes of course autism.
do you have recommendation for an alternative schedule. Historically during the 30 years of your practicing pediatrics have infants been rec to have so many vaccines at once
Category: Pediatrics
Expert:  Dr. A. Clark replied 3 years ago.

Dr. A. Clark :

I'm happy that you have asked me to assist you with your child and hope that you can benefit from my many years of helping parents like you.

Dr. A. Clark :

I'm glad to help you and hope I can allay some of your fears.

Dr. A. Clark :

In my 33 years of taking care of children and immunizing literally nearly 100,000 kids I have never been more confident that the vaccines we are using are safe, even when used together as they are now. Actually, while we give more vaccines now, and have seen a dramatic decrease in deaths and tragic complications of such diseases as meningitis, diphtheria, tetanus, measles, etc., we actually are using less antigens (protein stimulants to the immune system) than when I started in practice.

Dr. A. Clark :

With the advanced techniques of producing vaccines using synthetically manufactured immunizations, we are giving the safest and most pure vaccines ever. For example, the old DPT vaccine had over 1000 contaminant proteins in each dose while the one we use now has 3. This is because of the production advances with genetic engineering of vaccines that make the contents of each shot ONLY the actual vaccine we need: diphtheria, tetanus and the acellular (pure) pertussis. This has eliminated all of the potential for dangerous side effects from ALL vaccines and countless studies now have conclusively proven that there is NO risk of autism from giving vaccines. The fact is that there NEVER was any association between the MMR and other vaccines, mercury preservatives (which are not even absorbed anyway) or other alleged components in them.

Dr. A. Clark :

I will give you some references here so you don't need to take my word for this but I can tell you that I've never given any thought to NOT vaccinating my own children OR my grandchildren and in my former practice we felt so strongly about this that we would no continue to see families in our practice who didn't immunize their children on schedule.

Dr. A. Clark :

The result of such misinformation promoted by "experts" who actually have no idea what they are talking about (Jenny McCarthy, for example) is that we are now seeing immunization rates falling dangerously close to the threshold where the principle of "herd immunity" protects those who are not immunized. As long as at least 90% or more of the population is immunized the kids who are not get protection from the fact that most kids are and thus there is little of these highly contagious diseased around to catch. Now in some states, such as California and Oregon, there have been large outbreaks of whooping cough, measles, and other dangerous diseases with deaths resulting from them because these states are more liberal, not just in their politics, but with their health standards for children.

Dr. A. Clark :

Here are some references:

Dr. A. Clark :

You will find everything you need to know about the safety of vaccines and the dangers of splitting doses, delaying, or even deleting certain vaccines at a time in your child's life when he is most vulnerable. We saw a child with whooping cough this week and had a death from H. flu meningitis last year, both in unimmunized children whose parents were misinformed about these vaccines. Just view the two videos on this website for two family's own tragic stories.

Dr. A. Clark :

I hope this is helpful and you can see how passionate I am about protecting our patients with immunizations, including my own children and grandchildren!

Customer:

that explains a lot. Our pediatrician is allowing us to us a modified schedule where we do 3 this month and the additional 2 the following month. Where we break them down every other month. do you think this will compromise his safety

Dr. A. Clark, Pediatrician
Experience: 33 years of experience as a general pediatrician in private practice and in pediatric urgent care.
All I can say as that delaying any of the vaccines, even for a few weeks, poses unnecessary risk, but that is between you and your pediatrician.

Personally, I have a lot of issues with pediatricians, especially the more recently "trained" ones, who do not follow our Academy's recommendations on vaccines and other health policies. In our urgent care practice, where we see kids after hours who see other pediatricians, we are required to ask about vaccine status by the state of Texas, and I'm shocked to see so many practices where vaccines are not given at all or on schedule.

Hence, what we see is the kid this week with whooping cough and the death from meningitis of a 5 month old last year. In my mind, this is malpractice when a pediatrician, who is supposed to be advising parents about their children, shirks their responsibility and we then see deaths and severe illnesses occurring needlessly even here in the Dallas area!
Dr. A. Clark, Pediatrician