Dr. Yogindra Vasavada
Dr. Yogindra Vasavada , Pediatrician
Experience:  M.D.(ped) passed at first attempt, in practice continuously for last 37 years. Certi. in Comp
16481530

hello my son is two months old now and he is due for his first

hello my son is two months old now and he is due for his first big round of vaccinations. I am weary about giving him so many vaccinations at the same time as recommended by the american pediatrics assoc. I am scared for two reasons 1 i feel like this is a lot for the body to handle at one time 2. yes of course autism.
do you have recommendation for an alternative schedule. Historically during the 30 years of your practicing pediatrics have infants been rec to have so many vaccines at once
Category: Pediatrics
Expert:  Dr. Yogindra Vasavada replied 3 years ago.

Dr. Yogindra Vasavada :

Hello, The vaccines prescribed are safe and effective, no risk of any mental or bodily disorder is there. You may opt out of some vaccines but may face difficulty when your baby enters school, where authorities may demand a vaccination record.

Dr. Yogindra Vasavada :

Combination vaccines are also devised to reduce pricks and some are oral vaccines.

Dr. Yogindra Vasavada :

You may discuss with your pediatrician about merits and importance of individual vaccines. Older schedule included only Triple, Oral and injectable polio, hepatitis B, HiB etc. first 3 doses and then booster doses at 18-24 months and fifth year.