Dr. Yogindra Vasavada
Dr. Yogindra Vasavada, Pediatrician
Experience:  M.D.(ped) passed at first attempt, in practice continuously for last 37 years. Certi. in Comp
16481530

My 33 month old Daughter is suffering from fever

Customer Question

My 33  month old Daughter is suffering from fever from Tuesday morning.Temperature is not high all the times. Mornings are usually close to normal and afternoon it goes to 101.5 to 102. on third day it went to 103, which is when I called her doctor and took her to some other doctor in the same office on Friday. Doctor said wait for five days to see if it is just viral fever and bring her back on Monday if fever doesn't go away. first 3 days of fever my daughter was fine playing and active but not eating much but gave her lot of liquids. What is concerning me is from yesterday she was playing little bit in the morning and when fever hits around 11 Am she starts sleeping. and just want to sleep all the time. Not feeling like to even take liquids. She is peeing OK (little darker than usual). She has tears when she is crying. Fever is responding very well to tylenol. Should I take her to emegency or can we wait till tomorrow morning and go to walkin to her regular doctor?

Category: Pediatrics
Expert:  Dr. Yogindra Vasavada replied 3 years ago.

Dr. Yogindra Vasavada :

Hello, Sorry about this illness. You could wait till your regular appointment and allow her to nap when she feels like. The fluid she takes should contain some calories like glucose or sugar.

Dr. Yogindra Vasavada :

With febrile illness of 3-4 days she likely will get tired and sleepy with little play.

Customer:

Thank you for the answer. Is it normal for viral fever to last more than 5 days?

Dr. Yogindra Vasavada :

You are welcome. Seven days is common. After 5 days a routine blood check is advised.

Customer:

ok. We will wait till tomorrow morning and will take her to her regular pediatrics office. Thank you

Dr. Yogindra Vasavada, Pediatrician
Experience: M.D.(ped) passed at first attempt, in practice continuously for last 37 years. Certi. in Comp