Dr. Su S.
Dr. Su S., Pediatrician
Experience:  20 years of experience in treating children.
9324755

HI, DOCTOR I have a question i notice a bump on my right side

HI, DOCTOR I have a question i notice a bump on my right side of the neck is it something i should worry about.my brother had ear infection could it be that the bump is caused by me getting sick?
Category: Pediatrics
Expert:  Dr. Su S. replied 1 year ago.

Dr. SS :

Greetings,

Dr. SS :

Thanks for using Just Answer.

Dr. SS :

I am Dr. SS. I will try my best to help you.

Customer:

hi

Dr. SS :

When did the lump develop?

Dr. SS :

How large is it?

Customer:

i don't really know but i think i always had it but im not sure.its not painfull

Customer:

its under my skin 3 in from the ear

Dr. SS :

How large is it?

Dr. SS :

Is it 3 in down from the ear?

Customer:

i think 1/4 inch little

Customer:

yes

Dr. SS :

Does it move?

Customer:

nope

Dr. SS :

Is it enlarging in size?

Customer:

on the right side

Customer:

i dont think so

Dr. SS :

Is it soft or firm?

Customer:

on my neck was itchy to for few days now it getting better skin is soft but when u touch it is kind a hard

Dr. SS :

There can be a few probables for it.

Customer:

could it be a muscle

Dr. SS :

It can be an enlarged lymph node.

Customer:

is it cancer

Dr. SS :

Lymph node can be enlarged from an infection.

Dr. SS :

It is unlikely a cancer.

Customer:

what should i do

Dr. SS :

It can remain after the infection has subsided.

Dr. SS :

Another probable is a cyst.

Dr. SS :

Sebaceous cyst is common.

Dr. SS :

This is due to blocking of duct of gland.

Customer:

ok

Dr. SS :

I would suggest to get it examined by doctor.

Dr. SS :

You need not to worry much.

Dr. SS :

I shall try to give you excellent service.
Dr. SS :

If you need any more help please let me know.

Customer:

should wait a little longer maybe and see what happens

Dr. SS :

You can wait to see whether it is enlarging.

Customer:

what about if is ?

Dr. SS :

If it enlarges or a new one develops, then you should take an examination by doctor without delaying.

Dr. SS :

I think part of your sentence did not come through.

Dr. SS :

Please resend the query.

Customer:

what about doc the iching skin on my neck that i had it is right by the bump.could it be from infection to ?

Dr. SS :

Itching can occur from allergy, fungal infection, dermatitis.

Customer:

thank you

Dr. SS :
You are always welcome.
Dr. SS :
Please leave an excellent rating if you are satisfied with my answer.
Dr. SS :

Wish your healthy life.

Warm Regards.

Dr. Su S., Pediatrician
Experience: 20 years of experience in treating children.
Expert:  Dr. Su S. replied 1 year ago.
Our chat has ended, but you can still continue to ask me questions here until you are satisfied with your answer. Come back to this page to view our conversation and any other new information.

What happens now?

If you haven’t already done so, please rate your answer above. Or, you can reply to me using the box below.
Expert:  Dr. Su S. replied 1 year ago.
Hi Sebastian,

I just wanted to check that everything is fine.
If you need any other help, please let me know.

Dr SS