Ask a Pediatrician Online and Get an Answer ASAP
I'm happy that you have asked me to assist you with your child and hope that you can benefit from my many years of helping parents like you.
Do you know how much clorox was in the cup?
Clorox is generally not too caustic and does not cause injury when swallowed in small amounts, even full strength.
Did she choke, gag, vomit, etc. How is she acting now?
I used a gallon of water and pour a table spoon of bleach to clean the daycare. I spray a pediatric drink bottle with maybe 3 sprays and added water and let it sit on the counter.
You don't need to worry as that is not very concentrated at all.
The child drank it.
I am going to court and licensing is telling me that I could have harm the child so I lost my license
Right, but a tablespoon of bleach in a gallon is pretty dilute. For treatment of chronic staph infections we put 1/2 cup of bleach in bath water and let kids bathe in it, getting in their eyes and mouth, without any danger of poisoning or injury to the eyes or skin.
I have to prove that what the child drank couldnt of harm him.
I'm sorry for your trouble and it sounds like the authorities are going overboard.
I was told by my doctor to contact a toxicoligist.
That only you would know that amount.
That is likely what you will need to testify on your behalf.
Is it possible to print this conversation or get an email regarding this particular information.
Here is a good reference book on toxicology and the citation for clorox:
You can print this out from the link above.
It this conversation included? They are so picky.
As you can see, ingesting it is not the issue and the risk lies in mucosal surfaces being exposed to strong concentrations of industrial calcium hypochlorite, not household bleach.
You can copy and paste this entire conversation into a word processor document.
I'm not sure how they will view an online site such as this but the textbook reference is certain more authoritative.
Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX considered a reliable source? They said I need to use a reliable source when I go to court.
I am a general pediatrician with 33 years experience but not an expert on poisoning. I hope this helps though.
Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX look up the link you gave me.
Again, drinking clorox, even full strength, is not much of a health hazard like exposure of the eyes and mouth to it, and even that is rare since household bleach is pretty dilute to begin with.
Please remember as you exit chat to rate my service as that is the only way experts are compensated for their time! If you feel unsatisfied with my answer at all please don't exit but just hit the REPLY tab and let me know of the issue or question that you have. I will be happy to continue working with you and will do everything I can to provide you with the service you seek and I hope that I can earn an excellent rating from you.
Will do thank you again!!
You are quite welcome.
.My daughter has been taking Norditroping 0.35mg/day past