Dr. Yogindra Vasavada
Dr. Yogindra Vasavada, Pediatrician
Experience:  M.D.(ped) passed at first attempt, in practice continuously for last 37 years. Certi. in Comp
16481530

When i was pregnant with my son in 2005 I was on Zoloft, My

When i was pregnant with my son in 2005 I was on Zoloft, My son was born C Section because I did not Dialate, he was in the birth canal for about 16 hours, when he came out he had a huge Cone head and it did not go away for a couple of weeks, His head was tilted to the side and he had a tight neck and they said it was due to a big Uteran fibroid I had and he did not have alot of room in there, I wanted to make sure everything was ok so they sent me to a pediatric Neurologist and he checked him and reassured he was fine, he went to physical Therapy for a couple of months to stretch his neck and after that it went back to normal. Today he is 7 and his head still sticks out a little in the back but looks ok, he had regular check ups and everything according to his pediatrician was fine. My question is I wonder if he has Craniosynostis? He is super smart does well in school. He has always had some OCD Tendencies and lately a little worse so we are seeing a behavioral Therapist. I guess I just want reasurance, My husband thinks we have nothing to worry about but I dont know. I asked this to a Neurologist earlier just wondering if Pediatrics have a differnt take or has had any experience with this
Category: Pediatrics
Expert:  Dr. Yogindra Vasavada replied 3 years ago.

Dr. Yogindra Vasavada :

Dr. Yogindra Vasavada :

Craniostenosis is severe problem with symptoms.

Dr. Yogindra Vasavada :

There would be smaller head circumference to age and retardation, convulsions etc.

Dr. Yogindra Vasavada :

Behavioral issues are due to minor brain circuit misconnects and alter with development.

Dr. Yogindra Vasavada :

If a lot, causing problems at school or home, some drugs may set things right. Hope your uterine fibroid is taken care of and he has younger sibling(s).

Customer:

Thank You for your answer, makes me feel better

Dr. Yogindra Vasavada :

You are welcome.

Dr. Yogindra Vasavada :

Good luck to him.

Dr. Yogindra Vasavada, Pediatrician
Experience: M.D.(ped) passed at first attempt, in practice continuously for last 37 years. Certi. in Comp