Dr. Gupta
Dr. Gupta, Pediatrician
Experience:  MD, practicing Pediatrician with 19 years of experience. Member American Academy of Pediatrics.
239748

I have 2 girls 8 and 3. They both have smelly vaginas. Not

I have 2 girls 8 and 3. They both have smelly vaginas. Not like fish, just smelly. I have discussed how to wash and wipe properly and I have even let my 8 year old take a mirror and asked her to move things around so she could see that she has folds and stuff. That way she knew what she was working with. She was shocked by what was down there. Anyway, both of my girls have exema so they can only bathe every other day so I am worried that is why but until they start going through puberty that should be enough right? What can i do? I have started cleaning there privates or having them do it with baby wipes on off nights but sometimes when they are going potty and my husband or I walk by it hits us like a ton of briks and it is a totally different smell than a yeast infection or a bowel movement. Please help! Thank you
Greetings,

Thanks for using Just Answer. I am Dr. SS. I will try my best to help you.

This is INFORMATION only, not a substitute for doctor's visit.

As both of your daughter have eczema, that can cause bad smell.

Cleaning the area with plain water after each time use of toilet can help.

Then dry up the area with soft towel each time.

If the symptoms continue, swab test, urine test can be taken.

Then you should discuss with their dermatologist to examine the area whether any treatment would be required.

If you have any query, please feel free to ask to continue conversation by using REPLY button. This will help me to explain further & satisfy you.

PLEASE DO NOT RATE MY ANSWER TILL YOU WANT TO KNOW MORE and rate it as EXCELLENT / GOOD SERVICE when you are satisfied.

Wish them healthy life.

Regards.
You would need to rule out a few things.Need to rule out constipation, bowel problems, pin worms, avoid sweating by using loose cotton underpants and even rarely a foreign body,Read more herehttp://www.pediatricadvice.net/2007/01/vaginal-odor.htmlGet an early pediatric examination
Dr. Gupta, Pediatrician
Experience: MD, practicing Pediatrician with 19 years of experience. Member American Academy of Pediatrics.