Dr. Gupta
Dr. Gupta, Pediatrician
Experience:  MD, practicing Pediatrician with 19 years of experience. Member American Academy of Pediatrics.
239748

Asking this question for a friend in case someone can provide

Asking this question for a friend in case someone can provide a quick answer... My friend's brother called him because he is a first time dad and he was going to give their 4 month old baby a bath... He said he was nervous and a full shampoo bottle he just bought fell on her head. :( Said the baby cried hysterically for like 20 mins. (Not sure if actually 20 mins or if it just seemed like that.) Now baby is sleeping peacefully in his arms.

My first reaction was wow better safe than sorry take her to ER... my guess is that they would say bring her in (again better safe than sorry)... or look for signs of something severe, and if you don't see that, shes probably ok.

I really feel clueless on this though and I have a JustAnswer subscription, so I told my friend ONE SEC, and said I would ask for expert advice. Im nervous just hearing that and I dont even know this baby. :( Your expert advice is much appreciated...

PediatricMD :

Hello & welcome to Just Answer!

If you have any questions after reading my answer, be sure to let me know.

PediatricMD :

I understand the anxiety of a first time father :)

PediatricMD :

From what you have described (& this is second hand information) it would appear that if the baby is sleeping peacefully, there is probably no reason to rush to the ER at the present point of time

PediatricMD :

If the child becomes excessively irritable or has repeated vomiting, or any other problem like seizures etc. then a visit to the ER is mandated

Customer:

Ok great... relaying that to my friend now...

PediatricMD :

but not at the present point of time :)

PediatricMD :

Sure

PediatricMD :

Do leave a positive feedback too !

Customer:

I will thanks!