Dr. Gupta
Dr. Gupta, Pediatrician
Experience:  MD, practicing Pediatrician with 19 years of experience. Member American Academy of Pediatrics.

My daughter who is now almost 2 months old has had a lot of

My daughter who is now almost 2 months old has had a lot of diaharrea lately after eating her formula everytime and also a lot of gas and was wondering what could be causing it she is currently on similac sensitive. Another question I have is what I should do for a diaper rash because she has diaharrea she is pretty much always got a wet diaper and I change it as much as possible but she has a really bad rash and it went away once but after like two days came back and I was wondering what I could try to help the rash heal a lot faster. I have tried soaking her in an oatmeal soak for babies, A&D diaper ointment to treat, and baby powder.
Category: Pediatrics
Expert:  Dr. Gupta replied 1 year ago.

PediatricMD :

Hello & welcome to Just Answer!

If you have any questions after reading my answer, be sure to let me know.

PediatricMD :

I am sorry to hear about your daughter's problems

PediatricMD :

Has the stool been tested for lactose intolerance

PediatricMD :

?

Customer:

no it has not I just got her insurance and I am trying to make her an app but with the holiday it is making it hard to do

PediatricMD :

In the meantime, it would be useful to get a steroid cream prescribed from your doctor

Customer:

thats the problem I am still trying to get her into a doctor and at this time she does not have one so what do you suggest. The earliest I could probably even get ahold of a doctor is monday

Customer:

and who knows how long it will be before they can get her in

PediatricMD :

You can try an OTC steroid cream like 1 % hydrocortisone cream in the meantime

PediatricMD :

available with your local pharmacy

Customer:

ok and as far as the stomach thing do you think its the formula causing it

PediatricMD :

It could be related to the formula,

PediatricMD :

and you may need to be shifted to a pure soya formula,

PediatricMD :

BUT only after a pediatric consultation

Customer:

ok thank you I will try the otc cream and try to get her into the doctor as soon as possible

Dr. Gupta, Pediatrician
Experience: MD, practicing Pediatrician with 19 years of experience. Member American Academy of Pediatrics.